December 24, 2009

Cookie Time!!

Around 1:30 today, my mom, Sebastien, Cecily, Sasha, and I decided to make Christmas cookies.

Of course, whenever my family does something together, it turns out to be a great memory. Today my brother and I made cut-out cookies, Cecily made jelly cookies, and Sasha and Yuyun (my maid) made sugar cookies. We had turned on music and churned out a few batches when my mom decided to come around and pat peoples faces with flour. (that's how I got my face dirty. Cecily did hers by herself. She dunked her nose in a flour bowl. But Sasha got hers out of trying new things.) Then we got to decorate the cookies. The animal cookies were the most fun to decorate. My mom made the icing and put it in a BAGUS bag and cut a hole in one end. Then we squeezed the bag and decorated the cookies. We had snowmen, stars, holly, bells, Christmas trees, angels and reindeer. We put sprinkles and ChaChas on the cookies too.

With my scraps, I made these really small balls of cookie dough and baked it, and as soon as they came out of the oven, I dunked each one in powdered sugar and stuck mini chocolate chips in the cookie. Then I sprinkled a little bit more sugar on top. It looked like the chocolate chips were hiding out in the snow!

My sisters cookies were the best though! She cut out circles of cookie dough and separated them equally onto her workspace. On one side she cut small circles in the middle of the dough. Then she baked it. As soon as they got out of the oven, she took strawberry jam and put a spoonful on a circle. Then she put the cut-out circle onto the top like a sandwich. It was SOOOO good!

You see? This is the kind of stuff that keeps me on my toes during the holiday seasons. And we all get a laugh out of it in the end!

1 comment:

Michael said...

So I was wondering who the naughty person was who started the flour on the face activity. Now I read it was your mom! :-)

We didn't make Christmas cookies, and I missed it. When we get to a more settled place maybe I'll make Santa cookies for new years.

Right now we are stuck in an airport for 2 days awaiting a flight. We got in the air and mechanical problems sent us back. :-( You should have seen the angry people when they said we could get out just fine...2 days later.

At least we finally have net access and that is refreshing.

Be well, and keep writing, Maya.

mh