December 22, 2009

Babysitting

Today I had to go to this charity place called JICC for the camp thing (a bunch of activities and stuff for a few hours) and it turned out that the instructor person couldn't come for some reason. So I had to play with 3-9 year olds (not exactly playing, more like babysitting.)

In the beginning, my mom was sitting with us on some couches when this lady came to take my brother into this room with a bunch of other little kids. We waited for another 15 minutes for the person to come, but they didn't come. So my sister and I had to go into the room with all the little kids to paint on CARDBOARD and color CANDLES and CHRISTMAS TREES. IT WAS PRACTICALLY TORTURE!!

Then it got a little weirder. This random guy and his friend (a girl) showed up. This guy was 8 and his friend was 9. The girl was ok, but they guy was soooo bratty! When Sasha (my 3 year old sister) accidentally stepped on his foot, he kicked her and started screaming "OWW!! SHE HURT ME!!" He got too rowdy and I had to protect these two girls Barbara and Victoria from him because they got really scared. They thought he was "evil" or something.

Then my brother got rowdy. Those two guys decided to freak all the little girls out by being "evil" and "scary". All the girls were talking to eachother in the tent and the guys would come up to the tent and start screaming and throwing plastic balls at it. And they wouldn't listen to the teacher ladies. After 1 1/2 hours, my mom came back from the store to pick us up. It explained to her what happened and she said that she paid for us to be creative, not to babysit other people's kids. What makes it even worse is that the kids think that I am coming back again tomorrow to do the same thing. Like I said yesterday, "If given the chance to stay home, take it. You might not live in the outside world." I would say this is a really good way to show what I am talking about.

4 comments:

Michael said...

"When given the chance to stay home, take it!" Lesson learned, eh?

I think you would do a great job with creative play, but not what you had to do-separate kids who are not behaving.

I appreciate your comments on other blogs, Happy Bunny. :-)

mh

Hyun Jin said...

Mr. Hughes is sooo right. Haha, I'm sorry that happened, Maya. That babysitting job must be tiring.
Cheers!! (Maybe something random and weird won't happen to u on x-mas...hopefully!)

Madhav said...

Nce job Maya.

Maya ♥ said...

Nothing did happen to me on xmas...thankfully :D