December 20, 2009

3 Hours of Weird

Ok, I was sleeping peacefully this morning until my sister shouted upstairs, "Hey Maya! Get up! We are going out to breakfast!" 40 minutes later, we are riding in the car. "Where are we going to eat?" I ask my dad. "I don't really no yet." I thought that this answer was a little weird because HE was the one driving the car. He should know where he was going. We pull into the Kristal Hotel. "Were here!"

Seriously! We were eating at the Kristal Hotel! (bad memories. I was stuck there for almost three months)They have this restaurant called Kafe Pinang and we used to eat there every day. It was a little weird because all the staff and security guard recognized us (even the laundry guy) and all of this Christmas stuff was propped up all over the place. Not just Christmas trees. Plaster reindeer and Santa Claus, live Christmas trees and flashing wreaths were all over the place. Plus my sister was acting really strangely. She sat still for about 40 minutes, then started running around the buffet in zig-zagged circles. Everyone was staring at us.

After that, my mom decided that she need a membership at the health club place (we are still in the hotel) and we check it out. Sebastien and Sasha kept on walking into the exercise room to check out the machines and the people using them. After that, the Salon and Day Spa caught her eye.

The morning was getting weirder and weirder by the minute. Mom, Cecily, and I all went into the salon and Cecily got a manicure. It would have been pointless for me to get one because I have no nails (Literally. I have bitten them down the where you can see skin.) So I sat there for 40 minutes doing nothing. I had to watch a soap opera through a mirror while my mom read a magazine. (She was going to get her nails done but they didn't have what she wanted.) It was the most boring time of my life. What made it even worse was every 15 minutes, Cecily would turn around in her chair and ask me "Are you bored?", laugh, and turn around.

Well, I lived through that, and I have some words of advice for you: "If given a choice to stay at home, take it. You might not live in the outside world."

2 comments:

Middle School Si Won said...

Kristal Hotel food is delicious. I've tried to eat there a few times. When I first came to Indonesia, I stayed at the Kristal Hotel and had breakfast all the time when I was staying there. KAFE PINANG!!! It is awesome.

Michael said...

Like Si Won said, the food might have been good, but all the rest I can see getting very tedious.

About those nails being bitten down to the shortest skin. Ouch! Do something about that habit. :-(

(Stay home if given the chance?)

mh