October 24, 2009

Gilda Joyce - The Ghost Sonata

Gilda Joyce - The Ghost Sonata
Jennifer Allison
*****
Gilda's best friend, Wendy Choy has just been selected to compete in a Young Virtuoso Piano Competition in Oxford, England. Gilda tags along as a page-turner, but once they get there, it was more than the competition that they focused on. Wendy keeps on getting unlucky tarot cards and hearing eerie compositions inside the apartment even though there is no piano. But strangest of all, she and Gilda have both encountered multiple ghost sightings! Is Oxford haunted? And what does the ghost want from them? My favorite part of the story is when Gilda and Julian go out to the graveyard and try to summon Charles Drummond, a boy of 14 who everyone is talking about. They get carried away and miss a treacle well with an important clue to the boy's past. If you are looking for a book that will keep you on your toes, this is the one!!



8 comments:

Nadia Kalindas said...

Hi Maya this is me Nadia .K I'm interested to read this book.

Hyun Jin said...

Oh my god! I love Gilda Joyce series! I read the kind where Gilda goes over to San Francisco and there's a ghost so she starts investigating. Is this your book? Can I pleasssssseeeee read it if it's yours??? Gilda Joyce is an amazing series.

Hyun Jin said...

I'm almost done with The Ghost Sonata! It's so.....GOOD! I thought the Charles Drummond haunting thing was sort of weird. But I feel bad for Wendy. Because of Charles Drummond, she lost the Piano competition.I also thought Wendy's ritual of the half a bowl of Cheerios and the strawberry shampoo was random.

Maria said...

This book sounds so interesting. I have never read this book before but if I did I think I would rate it 5 stars. I am going to read this book either over the break or after the break.

Unknown said...

I alaways wanted to read that book most of the people I know read that book. When I read you're post I think I would really really want to read the book. I really enjoy mystery books and books that have ghosts and talk about their past. I think I will read the book after the book I'm reading. I just enjoy figuring out mysteries.

Emma said...

It sounds sooooo great. I've never read these series, but I gues it's good. I hope I will enjoy the book when I read it.

Nora Trapp said...

Whoa! Maya, you made this post sound so awesome. I really want to check this book out now! Is it availible in the library? Is this a horror book?

Maya ♥ said...

No nora, it is not a horror book. if you want 2 read it, ask hyun jin. i gave it 2 her 2 borrow.