September 07, 2009

The Lightning Thief

The Lightning Thief
Rick Riordan
*****
PercyJackson already has enough problems in his life, but now that he is moved to a magical camp where mythical creatures come alive, his life seems like a fairy tale. But when things get serious as Zues' master bolt and Hades helm of darkness, Percy must return these magic items to rightful owners before war breaks out. He need the help from his friends, Annabeth and Grover, to stop this disaster in the making from happening. My favorite part of the story is when they encounter Medusa at Aunty Em's Garden Gnome Empurium where she freezes visitors into cement and sends them to the gods. She practically hypnotized the group with her delicious cheeseburgers and then tried to freeze them, but Percy cut her head off. I think that this book is a really great beginning to the series!! You have got to read it!!

2 comments:

Michael said...

I liked your review of Lightning Theif, Maya. I agree with the best being the decapitating of Medusa, but the idea of her luring the kids with delicious cheeseburgers is a nice modern touch.

Cool Ash said...

I really want to read this book but I just haven't had the time. But thanks for this discription of the book. I really want to read it now. Thanks for really enthusing people to read it.