September 07, 2009

The City of Ember

The City of Ember
Jeanne DuPrau
*****
Lina Mayfleet and Doon Harrow are in the same class at school and got the opposite jobs that they wanted. When they set of to work, they both did excellent, but Doon is worried about the future of the city. The floodlights that have light up the city for as long as they can remember are starting to flicker, and Doon has an idea of how to repair them. But when Lina finds the Instructions for Egress, the way out of Ember, should Lina and Doon spread the good news, of sneak out of town and tell no one? My favorite part of the story is when Doon, Lina, and Poppy find all of the supplies they need to leave and set sail down the river in the Piperworks. This is an excellent choice for picky readers!!

2 comments:

Michael said...

I trust your analysis here, a good book for picky readers, but I've not read it. Maybe I'm not picky enough, eh? I don't even know why the city needs to be lit up by flood lights.

Nice work, Happy Bunny.

Cool Ash said...

Didn't they make a movie about this book. Well first of all I did not know about the book. I will put it on my list of books I need to read.