October 26, 2010

Waterlogged

Got caught in the floods yesterday?

Yesterday, there was so much rain and traffic that it took 3-9 hours for people to get home from work or school. Normally, Jakarta has tons of traffic, but add rain to it and its the recipe for disaster. People who had volleyball practice yesterday that took the late buses at 5:00 pm reached their houses at 12:15 am. GAAAHHH!
My dad was in a gridlock for 3 1/2 hours at Fatmawati and had to stop at KFC for dinner, but it didn't matter though because the car was frozen in one spot so he could go inside. haha. My friend who lives in Bintaro was stuck in traffic so bad, she got out of her car, walked home, and beat the driver by 2 1/2 hours. Ouch.

Strangely for me, I left normal time and I got home in 15 minutes :D

4 comments:

Michael said...

Yes, Maya, the rain was something else, including even a tragedy near our apartment.

A young lady got off a motorcycle (it got stalled in deep water) and began to walk through the deep. Unknown to her, there was a large cement sidewalk piece removed so water could drain down. She made the step, vanished, and they found her body the next day. How bad, bad, bad is that.

Actually I was furious that something like this could occur. Isn't someone responsible for this? Or do we just say, "These things happen." I just do not accept this.

Sorry for the rant. :-) Ask Ms. Bammi about it.

mjh

Maya ♥ said...

she told us in class
she said the manhole was open
and the lady feel through and the police were trying 2 find her...so so sad

- Maya

Valentina said...

It IS sad! When I was going home that day, the streets were soo flooded that I saw people getting off their bikes and TRUDGING (vocab word) through th water! I also saw people with umbrella on top but water until their knees! It reminded me of all the breaking news floods they show on TV. Now we all know why everybody has such big cars here! Part of carlys house was flooded and her roof was damaged, her neighbours house furniture is practically destroyed! Dya think thatll be enough to kill the rats in the sewers place / in the 'holes' at the sides of the street?

Maya ♥ said...

i dont like watching the news
it makes me sad T_T (crying)
ahh ewwww
rinzin's house was so flooded the current stole his shoes and ping pong table haha