October 09, 2010

BIS Track Meet

Track and Field Season is overrr!!
BOOO!! I LOVE TRACK AND FIELD!!

We went to BIS for the final meet of the season. We left JIS at 7:15 and it took us about 40 minutes to get there, and when we did, it didn't start until about 8:30 GAAAHH! I HATE WAITING!! PLUS we could only do one or two events! ANNOYING!

Since it rained last night, it was really slippery (grass track UGH) and there were mud pits everywhere! We couldn't walk across the "track" without getting our feet stuck in mud. Oh well.

Our relay team (Lieke, Eddie, Nicole, and Me) got first place YAY! Mrs. Whitley made a typo on the event lists and replaced Nicole with Nora (oi). I was the 3rd runner and I got our team into first place position GO ME! But we all ran shorter distances because one lap is 300 meters, so the relays were 4x75 instead of 4x100.

I also did shotput (originally i wasn't supposed to do it, but I was replacing SeiYon Lee because she didn't show up) and got first place (7.31 meters) but I think the shots were 1 kg heavier than we are used to so I threw one meter shorter than normal. But I don't know.

All in all, I think I wasted a morning at BIS.

4 comments:

Ivan Zhang said...

Good for you... I didn't like it last year, dats y i didn't join :) plus i hurt my ankle

Michael said...

I'm sorry you felt like you wasted a morning, Maya. Participating in an activity like that, running and throwing yourself, plus cheering on friends is supposed to be one of the good things about your school experience. I'll bet you'll miss the practices, as well.

Note on the rainy season: I know what you mean, Maya. It does seem like the rainy season has arrived long ago. Now that it's more or less officially here, can we possibly get more?

By the way, this is a cool pic on this post. Did you take it?

Be well,
mh

Valentina said...

It wuz pretty boring! ... Until you brought out your Ipod! LOLz

Maya ♥ said...

yea go ipods haha
i didn't take the post pic
and i didn't know u were in track last year ivan! WOW! :)

- Maya